1-Click Addict Support Group's Reviews > Surrender at the Border

Surrender at the Border by Risa Leigh

Trust under fire…

What do an ATF agent and a small town librarian have in common? Well, more than you would think if you are B.J. Carleton and Callie Snowden. Both have lost spouses to violence and, even years later, they are dealing with the aftermath. Despite a rocky start to their relationship, professional courtesy gives way to more personal feelings as they find themselves fighting for their lives… together.

This is a romantic suspense with a Mexican cartel, drugs and a stalker providing the sinister backdrop to B.J. and Callie’s romance. Having suffered loss before, they both are understandably wary when their attraction for each other sneaks up on them. Both have reasons for not committing and, considering they are on the run, pretty valid ones at that.

I can’t imagine how scary their situation is but they seem to take it all in stride. B. J., I can understand being cool under pressure, given his career and all. Callie was a surprise as she took each challenge and blow in stride. Almost too much stride. Not that I wanted her to have fainting spells or hysterics or anything—that would not be cool either. She did seem to be a bit cool and reserved though when I wanted her to be just more.

The pieces all fit together very neatly though their roller coaster ride courtship was anything but the “norm”. An interesting start to the series; I’m curious where the next story will go. ~ Diane, 3.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surrender at the Border.

Finished Reading