Faye's Reviews > Servant: The Awakening

Apr 04, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own, read-in-2011, paranormal, romance
Read in March, 2011

I bought this book in Book Sale because I was caught with the synopsis and the picture on the first page. At first, I really can't keep on reading this book since it was kinda dull and I was like, "okay, this is another book where the author wrote about a dark story of a poor girl who had a sad past, with no family and all that stuff."

Then, I when I read about the part where Gaby met Luther, as usual for me, I got excited and the suspense part is if Luther would caught Gaby red-handed on doing her dirty deeds from her so-called calling. The good part of this book is that, it was dark and yet it has parts that are humorous. Gaby is a cranky, always-annoyed woman yet she's totally innocent when it comes to sex since her upbringing is with the priest who taught her on how to use the gift given to her, which is disposing the evil and sending them to where they rightfully belong.

All in all, I would give this book a 3.5/5 stars and I am more excited on reading the book two since it seems more interesting because I really like Gaby and Luther's story as Luther is the calm, cool guy who is willing to accept Gaby with all her freakishness along. I would recommend this book to those who wants to read a compelling story about a girl wanting to accept herself as she is, while trying to do the right thing even if it means losing the guy she wants to be with.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Servant.

Kwesi 章英狮 I saw this book from booksale for awhile and the cover looks interesting. Is this an erotic book?

Faye It's not, or so I didn't think so..haha. There are just some parts that involves sex scenes with the plot being a street with hookers but that's it.it's not very graphic or detailed by detailed so I don't think it ruined the story.