Nerdy Dirty & Flirty's Reviews > The Sins That Bind Us

The Sins That Bind Us by Geneva Lee

description

This was a really interesting story and the best parts are the things I can't talk about because you just have to experience them for yourself.

Faith has secrets, a lot of them, and a past that comes in clips so you can see where it is she came from and try to understand how she got to where she is today. Today she is a single mom who attends meetings and is trying to understand where her life is going and just do what is best for the little person in her life.

One day, Jude walks in. He gives off the "bad boy" vibe; with his muscles, tattoos and attitude. There is something about Faith that has him intrigued and just like Faith he is hiding secrets. He is a walking contradiction and a puzzle Faith isn't really sure if she wants to figure out.

This was a pretty serious story, with a few one liners that made me smile. It was really very engaging though and I wanted to dissect the characters to find out what they were hiding. Their secrets put an interesting twist to the story and I might have had a few out loud "I knew it" moments. Faith's character, at times, was too cautious and bit of a martyr. It takes awhile to understand her reasoning and while her logic is sound, I still wanted to shake her a bit. Jude was a solid character, he too held a trunk of secrets and regrets I felt like I wanted a bit more from his perspective. I understand how hard that would have been to write, but I still felt like I wanted more from him. Over all the story was interesting and moving; the sins of one's path do pave out their future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sins That Bind Us.

Started Reading