Brendalys's Reviews > Frankenstein

Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

U 50x66

bookshelves: to-read

Frankenstein: by Mary Shelley-If you like classics this is definitely the book for you. This story has been retold a numerous number of times and has also been made into movies. But, one thing they all have in common is the whole concept of the book. A scientist creates a monster. Basically the book is about a man named Robert Walton who's traveling by ship on a mission and while he's traveling he encounters victor Frankenstein. Robert helps victor heal and after that the point of view goes to victor. For a few chapters victor describes his childhood in Geneva (which is in Switzerland) he attends university where he meets Henry. Victor spends months creating a creature out of old body parts until one night it comes to life. I would tell you more but I don't want to spoil everything. In my opinion the book was good but there were some parts in the book that weren't all that nessesary to include. Other than that the book was good some times the authors use of description helped the reader picture what was happening in their heads. I think this book can be enjoyed by anyone because I don't really think this book has a certain genre. Most people call this a horror novel but I don't really think the book is anything like a horror novel. Please keep in mind that these are MY OPINIONS however, if you thought the book was intersting based on this review please read the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frankenstein.

March 21, 2016 – Shelved