Dee's Reviews > The Hawk and the Jewel

2219344
Apr 03, 2011

liked it
Read in April, 2011

I read Lori Wick's English Garden series several years ago from our public library's Bookmobile service. I had students in my high school library request more books like Julie Klassen's and happened to remember Wick's series. I decided to order a couple of them. I'm sure they'll be very popular.

Since it's Spring Break, I also decided to reward myself with some pleasure reading time. So I settled down with THE HAWK AND THE JEWEL one day and finished it last evening. About halfway through the book I thought to myself, "This is very predictable. Enjoyable, but predictable." Then, Wick threw a surprise twist into the plot involving some of the romances. Okay...changed my direction of thinking and read some more.

Then, she throws another twist so it goes back to my original prediction. It kept me off-guard enough to enjoy the ending of the book. I will confess that the title gave it away, too. I loved the title and the cover, but it added to the predictability of the book.

That being said, I still enjoyed this clean, wholesome, Christian book and plan on reading more by Lori Wick.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hawk and the Jewel.