Brooke's Reviews > City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

I can't say that this book wasn't good; because it was. It was an awesome book. The action, the love story, the plot...it kept me hooked the entire time I was reading it.

But I really, honestly don't think I was satisfied. Although I'm glad Cassandra Clare decided to write another book for the series, I really liked the ending of City of Glass and I think lots of other people did, too. This book turned everything upside down and inside out, and it ended with one of the WORST cliffhangers I have ever read.

Jace just wasn't the same. This was explained throughout the book, but it still disappointed me because Jace and Clary are my favorite characters! Even Clary and Jace's love story didn't seem to be the same to me; it reminded me too much of Twilight.

However, I'm still going to continue to read the series because I have to know what happens, and maybe this time there will be an even better ending to Book 6 then there was for City of Glass.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Fallen Angels.

Quotes Brooke Liked

Cassandra Clare
“You're the first Shadowhunter I've ever met."
“That’s too bad,” said Jace, “since all the others you meet from now on will be a terrible letdown.”

Cassandra Clare
“Thank you,” Simon said. “It’s a joke, Isabelle. He’s the Count. He likes counting. You know. ‘What did the Count eat today, children? One chocolate chip cookie, two chocolate chip cookies, three chocolate chip cookies . . .’”

There was a rush of cold air as the door of the restaurant opened, letting in another customer. Isabelle shivered and reached for her black silk scarf. “It’s not realistic.”

“What would you prefer? ‘What did the Count eat today, children? One helpless villager, two helpless villagers, three helpless villagers . . .”

Cassandra Clare
“What's the point in wasting a perfectly good brick wall when you have someone to throw against it, that's what I always say.”

Cassandra Clare
“No. That's Clary; shes's my best friend." Simon pocketed his phone. "And she has a boyfriend. Like, really, really, really has a boyfriend. The nuclear bomb of boyfriends. Trust me on this one.”

Cassandra Clare
“Is this the part where you tell me you're secretly in love with me? Vampire mojo strikes again.”

Cassandra Clare
“It’s fascinating. You know all these words, and they’re all English, but when you string them together into sentences, they just don’t make any sense.”

Cassandra Clare
“So what was that all about?"
"I think," Jace said, "that she asked if she could touch my mango."
"She said that?"
Jace shrugged. "Yeah, then she gave me her number.”

Cassandra Clare
“You know, some people think Shadowhunters are just myths. Like mummies and genies." Kyle grinned at Jace. "Can you grant wishes?"

"That depends," he said. "Do you wish to be punched in the face?”

April 3, 2011 – Shelved