April Knapp's Reviews > The Queen of Attolia

Apr 02, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, favorites, young-adult
Read in June, 2010

Review Originally posted HERE

OK, I mentioned already that I absolutely love this series. This book is my FAVORITE of the four. I love, love, love this book! Why? Oh what is there not to love? Again, Turner keeps us on our toes as the plots twists and turns in ways we never imagined. She has a talent for writing exactly what she means while making you think something entirely different until she brings everything in full-circle revelation. I am always surprised, shocked and deeply satisfied when reading these books. I could not put this book down! Oh, and I read it again immediately after reading it once because I loved it so much.

I love all the characters in this book, especially Gen, of course (and he reminds me of my husband :-)) Eddis (Helen) and Attolia (Irene) are both strong women characters in very different ways. The character development is strong and believable and Turner eloquently brings us inside their worlds and heads. The secondary characters are endearing also.

The Queen of Attolia is full of humor, adventure, and life. The characters show strong characteristics of friendship, loyalty, love, and integrity.

But the cherry on top-and the reason this book is one of my favorites-is because the themes of redemption and unconditional love are beautifully played out in this novel. There is something about this story that reaches deep into the heart and pulls hard. It symbolizes a deep, unconditional, supernatural love for which we all deeply long; not a superficial, sexually-driven love found in novels such as Twilight. Ah, the power of the written word!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen of Attolia.