Jillian 's Reviews > A Million Junes

A Million Junes by Emily Henry

bookshelves: all-time-favorites

I need to gather my thoughts but just know that this is now one of my favorite books of all time. I hate myself for putting off reading this for so long. It’s an incredible, beautifully written story about grief and loss but told in a unique and fantastical way. Even with magic houses and ghosts and curses, the emotion is grounded in a genuine real way that at points made me think there was a magical hill where you really could see the people you love and lost again. This book is easily one of my favorites of the year and one I’ll be recommending to many people. I have more to say and I really want to write a detailed review about the characters but I’m emotionally drained so rtc!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Junes.

March 19, 2016 – Shelved
March 19, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 14, 2018 – Started Reading
July 14, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "i read 3 average books this week so i'm hoping that this one will be something i love..."
July 15, 2018 –
page 3
0.75% ""Other houses have support beams and foundations. Ours has bones and a heartbeat."

OKAY EMILY HENRY I HAVE MISSED YOUR WRITING THANK GOD I STARTED THIS"
July 16, 2018 –
page 100
July 22, 2018 –
page 133
33.25% "i'm loving this..and reading this slower than normal because i'm savoring every word. emily henry just writes so damn beautifully. there are passages in here about grief that i feel in my bones."
July 25, 2018 –
page 205
51.25% "june and hannah remind me of me and my best friend and i am now bawling because their friendship is so beautiful and true"
July 29, 2018 – Shelved as: all-time-favorites