Once's Reviews > Descent

Descent by Tara A. Fuller

it was ok

2.5

Descent is a story of forbidden love between an angel and a reaper. Easton is a 400-year-old reaper doesn't believe in happiness or love or anything of the sort. Gwen is a 17-year old angel who's naive, sweet and everything Easton isn't. They were an interesting pairing. Easton was a broken man, and despite how much it's sad to see, but I love a broke character. They make things much more interesting, don't you think? And Gwen was just what he needed, someone to light a flame in his heart.

I didn't have the build up of anticipation for Easton's book like most readers did because this is the first book I've read from the series. As always, I prefer reading the whole series because you get the whole background, but it was a great stand alone novel.There wasn't a time where I felt as if I was missing out on anything.

The beautiful cover was there, the gripping storyline was there...but the execution wasn't. Emotionally it was a let down. Descent was very one dimensional, the surface was great but if you wanted anything deeper there wasn't another level. It's frustrating, because it had a great storyline and as I was reading I could see the potential.

It was a short fast-paced novel which made it easy to read in one sitting (which I just love), and I enjoyed very much that we got both sides of the good and bad sides of the scale with Easton and Gwen. If you're partial to fast growing love, angels and reapers and quick reads, then you'll like this one.

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descent.

March 19, 2016 – Shelved