Kristen's Reviews > Coda

Coda by Emma Trevayne

bookshelves: look-for-at-store, 2016-challenge, 2016-rankings, top-20-standalones, all-books

Giving this one 9/10. Not gonna lie, it was actually a little painful to give this 4/5 instead of 5/5.

I loved this story. I love the world, I love the characters, and it was definitely right up my alley. The only slight problem for me was that I thought the plot was a bit predictable. The book was absolutely still enjoyable, but I definitely wasn't really surprised by most of the twists and turns-- in fact, I was waiting for them to pop up. That being said, I feel like the world really made up for the predictability. The use of music in this book is incredibly interesting, and I found myself incredibly engrossed in the world and wanting to delve deeper into it constantly. Like I said, it pains me a bit to put it at 4 instead of 5, but I felt like I had to knock it down a peg for the predictability. That being said, highly recommend, especially if you love music, dystopia, and Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist (the movie-- idk why it reminds me of it so much, but it does).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Coda.

March 18, 2016 – Shelved
March 18, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 10, 2016 – Shelved as: look-for-at-store
August 2, 2016 – Started Reading
August 5, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 11, 2016 –
page 100
31.25% "This book reminds me of Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist-- the awesome movie, not the aggressively average book."
August 13, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-challenge