Petter Pipper's Reviews > Frankenstein

Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

U 50x66

Frankenstein Review
Through the hard times of his life and all the things he went through, I thought the book about Victor Frankenstein was a very well written book. Although it had some flaws along the way, I thought it was well structured and easy to read. There is only one big thing about the book that I didn't like, and that was the use of plot holes. I don't think Mary Shelley ment for their to be such a use of plot holes in the book, but by being in a crunch for time they appeared more often than expected. Mary Shelley didn’t leave out much information throughout the story, but the main thing that was left out was how the creature was created. It is the story of a scientist who had lived a hard life, and went of to college to specialize it the field of science based around psychology. He fell in love with what he studied while at college, and put what he learned to use. He went to the basement of his house where he made this creature. It was a huge, ugly monster that would soon be on its own to fend for itself, because Victor didn't have the responsibility to take care of what he created. The monster had the mind of an infant, so it was like learning everything for the first time without an adult to guide you. The monster is taken to the mountains, where in his search for food comes upon a village that he would soon make home. While staying at this village the monsters learns how to talk; as well as, act around humans. The monster lives there for a long period of time before attempting to talk to people. While staying there he messes with people's stuff, but kindly replaces it with other useful items, such as fire wood. Once he finally became brave enough to talk to people he attempted to, and the rest is for you to find out. It is an awesome book, with great characterization, and a rather interesting background story that you will only get to know if you quit reading reviews and read the book. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I have enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frankenstein.

Finished Reading