Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide/Novelly Yours)'s Reviews > A Million Junes

A Million Junes by Emily Henry

Initial Impressions 5/17/17: A MILLION JUNES was a very solid sophomore novel from Emily Henry with her debut, THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD, being one of my favorite reads of 2016. I've been having a hard time with sequels/sophomore novels lately so it was so refreshing to enjoy this book and get lost in the same sort of writing style that I experienced with THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD.

Emily Henry has a unique story-telling experience and her books are ones in which you totally lose yourself. While THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD was magical realism, it was a also a little bit science-fiction so it was really great to see the same sort of feel and concept with the magical realism aspects but ones that took the stage even more so in A MILLION JUNES. Depending on your view of the book, it's magical realism meets paranormal and it's truly a magical experience to read.

Possible spoilers in the rest of the review! No giveaways about specific plot points but things that may be a general spoiler if you want to go in blind to certain aspects of the shape of the book.
(view spoiler)

THE LOVE THAT SPLIT THE WORLD holds a special place in my heart for the way it made me feel and the books that it reminded me of but A MILLION JUNES is a wonderfully solid novel and great sophomore book from Emily Henry. I'm a big fan of her writing and the atmosphere that she creates in her books and I really am able to feel myself in the story. I'm up for her next adventure and I can't wait to see what it holds!

Reading recommendations: The Ocean at the End of the Lane, Bone Gap

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Junes.

March 17, 2016 – Shelved
March 17, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 17, 2016 – Shelved as: 2017
March 17, 2016 – Shelved as: magical-realism
March 17, 2016 – Shelved as: ya
May 9, 2017 – Started Reading
May 9, 2017 –
page 28
7.0% "Whoops, already love him.
Also, whoops, I think I have the audio of this from the pub and started reading my print copy. This is why I can't choose books at 6am. Ah well, I'll continue with audio later, maybe."
May 14, 2017 – Shelved as: audiobook
May 14, 2017 – Shelved as: from-pub-penguin
May 14, 2017 – Shelved as: from-pub-listening-library
May 15, 2017 –
May 16, 2017 –
44.0% "I actually was starting to have my doubts about how this book with sit with me based on how it's going so far but it just got really interesting!"
May 17, 2017 –