Cassandra Kay Silva's Reviews > The Universe in a Single Atom: The Convergence of Science and Spirituality

The Universe in a Single Atom by Dalai Lama XIV

Apr 01, 2011

bookshelves: religion, science

I find it encouraging that the Dalai Lama is so open to new scientific ideas. Our world is changing at such a rapid rate. The ideas exploding into the field of physics are absolutely revolutionizing the way we view reality. It is interesting to hear some Buddhist commentary on the advancements of our age. I really enjoyed the last bit where he talked about some of the ethical consequences of bio genetic engineering, and was proud that he addressed this issue with such a strong stance for both plants and animals. The eastern way of thinking lends so well to enveloping and including all species of life in the great circle. I always find it concerning when spiritually minded individuals neglect or ignore their more real world thinking selves. Furthermore I think it is a good reminder of the importance of spirituality in the life of the academic. Learning to look at the world from all views brings wholeness and peace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Universe in a Single Atom.

April 1, 2011 – Shelved