Jane Doe's Reviews > Frankenstein

Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

U 50x66

Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein tells the story of Victor Frankenstein and events that led to the deaths of the people closest to him. Victor had a brother and an adopter sister, whom he ended up marrying. Victor moved away for college, and while he was away, he built a creature and brought it to life. His creature ended up scaring Victor almost to death, and he fell into a deep depression. The creature stirs up problems to try and get back at Victor for abandoning him. He ends up taking the lives of Victor’s younger brother, father, wife, and his best friend, Henry. Victor’s mother had passed away of scarlet fever when he was younger. After everything, Victor searches for months and months for the creature, but he never finds him, only Walton, whom Victor is telling the story to. I’m not a reader, but I actually did read this. The chapters are long and contain difficult words, but there are only twenty-four of them, so it’s not that bad. There were a few plot holes, but I guess you just have to use your imagination. I got a little confused with the letters at the beginning, but it all finally came together for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Frankenstein.

Finished Reading