Ashley's Reviews > All Just Glass

All Just Glass by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Apr 01, 2011

it was ok

I have read a good majority of Amelia’s work, including the prequel to this novel, Shattered Mirror. When I found out that All Just Glass was to be the companion novel to it, I was very excited to read it, as I enjoyed reading her other books and was eager to see where the story with Sarah went. But, I was disappointed.

All Just Glass was, in my opinion, very poorly thought out. The entire novel is told in only 24 hours, with a time stamp at the beginning of each chapter to let you know how much time has elapsed. This made the entire novel very unbelievable for me, as we were expected to believe that all of that happened in only one day. I think, for me, that was what ruined the book. If the events had been spaced out over a few weeks, the novel would have been infinitely better.

The characters seemed dry in this book, as opposed to Shattered Mirror where they were more vibrant and interesting. The point of view switched so many times that it was hard to get connected to any one character.

On the whole, I was very disappointed with All Just Glass. But, I’m not giving up on Amelia and her work. I know she can do so much better than this! I give this novel 1.5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Just Glass.

April 1, 2011 – Started Reading
April 1, 2011 – Shelved
April 3, 2011 –
page 145
56.64% "Pretty good. Not the best, though."
April 5, 2011 – Finished Reading