Marty Solomon's Reviews > Surprised by Hope: Rethinking Heaven, the Resurrection, and the Mission of the Church

Surprised by Hope by N.T. Wright

Just a fantastic read that shows NT Wright doing what he does best. The Church at large owes such a debt to Wright for his work in pushing 'Kingdom Theology' forward in the last couple decades.

As a teacher, I now finally have a book for all of those students who are wanting to dig deeper in the questions of heaven and the resurrection. What is heaven? What happens when we die?

Wright had the perfect combination of theology, philosophy, logic, apology, and contextual history in his approach to these questions. Helping us understand what the discussion meant to the original readers and authors of the Text, helping us understand our own misconceptions and where they came from, and helping us understanding he implications for getting these things right/wrong, he helped bring a very difficult and abstract conversation into the practical and compelling.

Finally, Wright made his whole argument about HOPE. Why do we have hope? Where does this hope come from? And most importantly, what does this hope mean for the way I live my life today.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Surprised by Hope.

March 16, 2016 – Started Reading