Elaine's Reviews > Sleepless In Manhattan

Sleepless In Manhattan by Sarah Morgan

32020643
Wow - Sarah Morgan has done it again, this is undoubtedly a five star read for me! The trio of friends, Paige, Eva and Frankie met in school and have been best friends ever since. Paige had a traumatic childhood because she was born with a hole in her heart which needed years of treatment. This made her parents and older brother super protective of her and all she wants now is to be 'normal'. The only person who has consistently treated her as a normal is her teenage love and best friend of her brother, Jake, which only made her love him more but he rejected her teen advances. He knows you don’t hit on the sister of your best friend . . . These five are the main characters in this first book in a new trilogy from this highly talented author.

The characters are complex, well formed and very easy to relate to. The author manages to make the reader a fly on the wall to their interactions, witnessing their downs and their ups and understanding their angst and turmoil through her easy to read yet highly emotive writing. She paints vivid movies of interactions and events in the imagination of her readers, helping them relate to and empathise with the well developed characters and making the whole story a real page turner to get totally immersed in. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every story I’ve read by this author and this is no exception! I have no hesitation in highly recommending it to anyone who enjoys reading superbly crafted romance with great characters and a brilliant plot. The plot has plenty of unexpected twists and turns, many memorable quotes and is an enthralling read. I didn't want to put this one down and whilst this one has its own HEA, I can't wait to read the next books in the series.

Thanks to the author, publishers and NetGalley, too, for letting me read an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sleepless In Manhattan.

March 6, 2016 – Started Reading