Kiki's Reviews > Clockwork Prince

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clockwork Prince.

April 1, 2011 – Shelved
April 2, 2011 – Shelved as: angels-and-demons
April 2, 2011 – Shelved as: ya
November 6, 2015 – Shelved as: not-a-snowballs-chance-in-hell
December 9, 2015 – Started Reading
December 9, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read
December 9, 2015 –
page 27
5.42% "Wow, fuck you, Benedict Lightwood!"
December 10, 2015 –
page 53
10.64% "AGAIN with mocking the Silent Brothers. These people are all ungrateful swine. Time and time again, one ridiculous problem after another, the Silent Brothers come to help. And this is the fucking thanks they get."
December 10, 2015 –
page 115
23.09% ""a daguerreotype of a laughing child"? You can't make a daguerreotype of a laughing child. The required exposure is far too long; even a few seconds will make for a picture of a child with a giant blur for a face. Why do you think the Victorians are always impassive in their photographs? Because no one can sustain a natural smile for as long as it takes to capture a daguerrotype."
page 207
41.57% "I am so in love with Jem, it's not even healthy."
page 231
46.39% "Gideon and Sophie are cute as fuck!"
page 234
46.99% "God, Woolsey Scott is glorious! See, this is the thing with Clare. FANTASTIC side characters, shite main characters. I want to go on an adventure with Woolsey Scott and Jem and Sophie and Gideon. Tessa and Will can wait in the car."
December 13, 2015 –
page 477
95.78% "This book is SO SO good, I'm enjoying it so much, but I'm just EXTREMELY ANGRY AT IT RIGHT NOW."
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: will-read-the-next-one
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: better-than-the-first-one
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: faeries
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: decent-vampires
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: werewolves
December 14, 2015 – Shelved as: cool-mythology
December 14, 2015 – Finished Reading

Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩ Hellz yeah! Magnus is the best.

As for Team Will/Team Jem ... eh, I don't care much. I like 'em both. I don't often have a strong opinion on these silly love triangle "team" thingies.

Although, after thinking about this book for a long time and reading City of Fallen Angels, I'm fairly certain that Will had a relationship with Magnus Bane. But, guess we'll see about that.

message 2: by Miranda (new) - added it

Miranda Haha!! Go team magnus!!!

Alison haha, I got all my books signed by Cassie and one of my books she put "Team Glitter" in it because I said he was my favourite character :)

message 4: by Tatjana (new)

Tatjana Cvijanovic Interesting- I find Mortal Instruments insufferable and COFA was terrible for me. It should've ended a trilogy. I find Infernal Devices high superior but to each their own I suppose...

Kiki Tatjana wrote: "Interesting- I find Mortal Instruments insufferable and COFA was terrible for me. It should've ended a trilogy. I find Infernal Devices high superior but to each their own I suppose..."

I find that a lot of the fandom shares the same dynamic as you and I, Tatjana. It's actually interesting: a lot of the time people who are into Cassandra Clare's works either love TMI and hate TID, or love TID and abhor TMI.

Jocelynne Broderick Kira, I didn't think I'd like the Infernal Devices much either...in fact, the very notion of a prequel seemed like a money-grub attempt. I had the Clockwork Angel laying around for ages and one day when I was looking for something to read, I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised, and I thought it was kind of cool to see how the Shadowhunters used to do things. Tessa is bland, I admit but I really looked forward to the bits about Magnus, of course, and Will and Jem. I didn't look forward to yet another love triangle, but I soldiered on and the steamy parts made me want to see how the triangle came out. One of the other things I like is that I get to read about things that inform the City of... books. The cat, Church, the influence of the Lightwoods, even some of the gadgets and portals. I respect your decision to avoid them, but I hope you decide to give them a try eventually. I'm glad I did, even though I hadn't planned to.

Jocelynne Broderick Also regarding your reply to Tatjana, I have found that to be true also, though not so much loving one series and hating the other, but more preferential. Each has their strengths and each has their weaknesses. I think that can be said even for individual books within a series. Just my 2 cents :) And I hope you didn't eat the book, at least use it for kindling or birdcage linings or paper to put down under a craft project ;)

message 8: by Mia (last edited Jul 14, 2013 07:33AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Mia R You've made a wise choice. I read the whole book at my cousin's insistence. It sucked ass and various other unsavory body parts. I'm only going to read the next book because *SPOILER ALERT* my cousin claims Tessa ends up with both Will AND Jem, and I really want to know how this is accomplished. I just hope it's not as boring and angsty as this one. Is The Mortal Instruments a good series, or is it just more of the same?

Cillian Why is it making you angry?
Do share, m'love!

message 10: by Kiki (last edited Dec 14, 2015 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kiki Tsunami wrote: "Why is it making you angry?
Do share, m'love!"

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Rose (new) - added it

Rose Kiki, do you think this series turned out better than the infamous last three books in TMI? Since the last three books were horrible, I don't know whether to start this one. I'm very interested in your opinion.

Nicqui I agree with most of your rant in the comments, Kiki. I didn't think Tessa and Will were particularly good people. Jem was far superior to them combined. I've loved all the books in the Shadowhunters Universe so far, to varying degrees, but they've all been enjoyable to me. I'm not ignorant of the many, many faults but I've enjoyed the strengths and the story lines immensely. I think it's very telling that my favourite characters throughout have always been secondary characters. #Team Magnus! #Team Simon!

message 13: by Kiki (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kiki Rose wrote: "Kiki, do you think this series turned out better than the infamous last three books in TMI? Since the last three books were horrible, I don't know whether to start this one. I'm very interested in ..."

I think this series is WAY better than TMI. It feels less heavy-handed. The characters are so much better. It's funny when it tries to be funny, not like TMI, which is just embarrassing.