Kelli's Reviews > Guess How Much I Love You

Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney

bookshelves: childrens, favorites, picture-books

This is one of only three board books that continuously survive the purge because I simply can't bear to move it out. I see tiny, invisible handprints all over it, as it was a favorite of both of my children. I received this as a baby shower gift and have easily read it hundreds of times. That it is still occasionally requested at bedtime makes my heart happy. Beautifully illustrated, this story is so sweet that I have never been able to read the ending without a lump in my throat and a hitch in my voice. How much do I love this book? To the moon. More importantly, how much do my children love this book? To the moon and back. 5 stars.

Update 2018: This once again has survived the year end, post-holiday purge. I tossed my beloved camouflage print Vans, my 1992 Cure concert T-shirt and several little monuments to my past that no longer serve me, but I simply cannot release this 11 year old, tattered board book. So on my shelf in the living room it remains, where it continues to make my heart happy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guess How Much I Love You.

March 28, 2007 – Started Reading
March 16, 2016 – Shelved
March 16, 2016 – Shelved as: childrens
March 16, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
March 16, 2016 – Shelved as: picture-books
March 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

message 1: by Melisa (new) - added it

Melisa Love books like that! I have a few I can't bear to part with too!

message 2: by Liz (new)

Liz Such a beautiful book! I don't have children but this is the book that I bought for nearly all my friends at the birth of their first ones, and for my nieces and nephews. <3

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I adore this book! I will probably hold onto a select few of my children's books forever too- too many memories.

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Love this one also.

message 5: by Esil (new)

Esil Yup, I still have a copy even if my kids are 14 and 18

Suzanne Argh how did I miss this. I'm told 'I love you 50' it any number he can say out loud ;) Great stuff.

message 7: by Kelli (new)

Kelli I feel the same way!

Kelli We are kindred souls, Kelli!

message 9: by JanB (new)

JanB awww, yes, this was a favorite of my kids too, and now I look forward to reading it with my granddaughter! ❤️

message 10: by leah (new)

leah is it a good bed time story to read