CD 's Reviews > The Photographer's Exposure Field Guide

Apr 01, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: reference, photography
Read in April, 2011

This is the compact, pocket sized version of Michael Freeman's Perfect Exposure: The Professional's Guide to Capturing Perfect Digital Photographs.

I have become a convert for the most part to this form of photographic exposure 'calculation' in the digital realm. There are some quirks, for me anyway, in the flow of decision making that result in variation from the step driven part of Freeman's method. That is fine as Freeman's work is meant to guide the photographer towards a uniformly successful product.

The large book is perhaps more useful to start but this smaller guide fits well in my photo backpack and has been pulled out more frequently than I thought it might. The large book I devoured a year and a half ago and found a lot new and useful ideas therein.

Think of this as a companion guide. Along side other works where the author/photographer Freeman showcases his approach to thinking about and constructing photographs this manual is the portable notes version.

Recommended highly for use with other books by the Michael Freeman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Photographer's Exposure Field Guide.