Syrdarya's Reviews > The Koala of Death

Apr 01, 2011

bookshelves: mystery, california, laugh-out-loud-funny
Recommended for: animal lovers
Read in April, 2011 , read count: 2

Very cool book with lots of zoological info that is shared in a natural manner. Interesting characters and mystery. I would highly recommend this one!

*****

After my second read (finished October 20, 2016), I still enjoyed the book a lot, although some of the characters overreacted towards Teddy, especially Robin and Myra. If a person works with animals, many of them dangerous, all day long, I think they would keep their moods more in check, because extreme mood-swings between humans with whom the animals are close could cause the animals to lash out, especially when the tensions between the humans get out of control right by the areas where the animals live. I dunno, that was just my thought.

Teddy discovers the body of Koala Kate in the harbor, and before long she discovers that Kate was murdered. She hadn't known Kate all that well, and begins digging into her background and reaching out to the people who loved Kate to not only solve the murder but also to help them out.

It was a pretty solid mystery, packed with information about various wild animals.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Koala of Death.

10/20/2016 marked as: read