C.G. Drews's Reviews > Everland

Everland by Wendy Spinale

bookshelves: dystopian, retelling, read-2016, young-adult, steampunk

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everland.

March 15, 2016 – Shelved
March 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
August 5, 2016 – Started Reading
August 5, 2016 –
page 113
36.22% "So far the only good thing about this book is the cover. #SORRYNOTSORRY"
August 6, 2016 – Shelved as: dystopian
August 6, 2016 – Shelved as: retelling
August 6, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
August 6, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
August 6, 2016 – Shelved as: steampunk
August 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)

Jen • Just One More Page Your reviews are GOLDEN

message 2: by Azka (new)

Azka Ah. It's always a sucker to be let down by a book we expect to love. Hope your next read will be better than this:)

message 3: by Allyson (new) - added it

Allyson This is such a great review!

Mai is a Happy Bibliophile omg this sounds so bad.

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Fitkittymama Reads) Oh no... I have this one on my wish list... I might need to rethink it now :(

Jessi (Novel Heartbeat) Omg...I clearly need to start reading your reviews before I pick books up! This is the second book I've DNFed this month that you didn't like either XD

Jessi (Novel Heartbeat) We have very similar ratings for sure!! <3

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Abrams HMMMMM i'm....not so sure about this one anymore. all of these things make me so frustrated LOL we'll see. thanks for the funny/honest review, my dear!

message 9: by Finn Longman (new)

Finn Longman La Coccinelle wrote: "@Miriam Joy: No gophers in Britain... but Disney stuck one in the Hundred Acre Wood. No wonder people are confused!"

WHY

THIS WHOLE BRITISH GOPHER FIASCO IS GOING TO FOLLOW ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIF, ISN'T IT?

HELP

Stephanie I really just need to start seeing if you have a review on the books I read bc I read this and thought meh...it had potential but...all your points are so so accurate! And I tried to say what I didn't like with it but all the people I talked to about it seemed to like it...

message 11: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll Cait, have you read the original Peter Pan book? Because Peter kind of has MAJOR mood swings literally all the time -- it's like part of his character -- and he totally wanted to save Tinkerbell in the book but also was always threatening to banish people. I think. Just sayin'. :P Anyways, sad that you didn't like it. :( But I don't like dystopian so. XD

Xandra (Literary Legionnaire) *is sad because I loved this book*

message 13: by Anna (new)

Anna your review is really funny to me, for some reason. i've never read the original and don't really plan to so i think this will stay on my "nope" list

Katherine Akins I disagree, but respect your opinion. Not everyone can like the same books as me.

message 15: by G (new) - rated it 1 star

G Best review ever! Your points are so spot on it's magnificent. I preferred the dialogue as opposed to the narrative and hated Hook's POV he was so whiny. Like get over yourself and your mommy issues sheesh! But the cover is stellar, you got that right!

Ashly I agree with this and I gave it 3 stars, lol

message 17: by E. (new) - rated it 5 stars

E. G. I agree with your review about halfway. I personally enjoy almost any twist on Peter Pan as I am a MASSIVE Pangirl, but some of the original quotes did seem a bit forced. I never noticed the part about Doc being twelve. Lol.

Jennifer I also had a hard time finishing this one. It took until well past midway to even become remotely interested in the story. Very slow lead up to the action. And dry characters. Boring, boring, boring. But great cover and that may be the best selling feature of the book!

message 19: by Nisa (new)

Nisa Rahayu Do you have any peter pan retelling recommendations ? I'm starting to read more retelling and I would love to hear your recommendations

message 20: by C.G. (new) - added it

C.G. Drews @Nisa: I really loved Tiger Lily, if you haven't tried that one?

message 21: by Nisa (new)

Nisa Rahayu No, I haven't. Definitely going to read that one!