Stephanie's Reviews > Occupied

Occupied by Joss Sheldon

bookshelves: dystopia, 2016-challenge

The story and narration was wonderful. Start by the cover I never thought the story would tell about the distress and hardship, but somehow it tell the reality in life. It will make us think about our world, there is no future which is not built in the present. I liked the way the book was split into the section of age and characters. It help us to understand the story from different perception.

I like the most in Childhood day. Its the most happiest time, when the kid still having a lot of fun even in some predicament. Children never bound to who they play with, friends everyone. Adolescene part is the transition time where they start to face the reality. There are some dark story in this part and how they life become stumble and fall. Hard decision and teach some lesson in life. Adulthood is how the future life looks like. This time when machine and computer play the most part in life. Human been count by their profitable. Idleness is evil, work is virtuos, must do everything to keep them occupied.

I'm glad that I got a chance to read the book from the group in exchange for the honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Occupied.

March 14, 2016 – Shelved
March 22, 2016 –
page 97
March 28, 2016 –
page 136
38.42% "I'm so sick of the Protokian soldiers, so cruel"
March 29, 2016 –