Stephanie's Reviews > If Hemingway Wrote JavaScript

If Hemingway Wrote JavaScript by Angus Croll

as I was reading this, I thought to myself that this book is probably the only programming book out there right now that I can read in less than two weeks (and I did end up finishing it in less than two weeks). this fact reminds me that I'm still way more interested in writing and expressing than grammar (of both programming and non-programming languages), although I often wish it was the other way around. I usually try to read a programming-related book and a non-programming related-book (usually fiction, sometimes poetry or 'creative' non-fiction) at the same time, and I get through the non-programing-related book about 10x faster than the programming one, but I got through the non-programming-related book only 2x as fast as this this time around!

book reminded me about writers I've read and liked and but mostly don't think about in my day-to-day. a lot of the javascript was too advanced and/or esoteric for me and flew over my head, but I enjoyed the concepts involved and the way that Croll unpacked what he did, why he did it afterwards, and some familiarity with the writers helped to un-dry (moisten?) some javascript that is a little dry to me. this book also totally solidified the idea that I have that the javascript language is probably the most attractive and interesting language out of the programming languages I know about. haha.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Hemingway Wrote JavaScript.

March 14, 2016 – Started Reading
March 14, 2016 – Shelved
March 14, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
March 27, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Crina (last edited May 11, 2016 05:55AM) (new) - added it

Crina Bucur Same here, I always find myself reading literature instead of technical books... I guess it goes to show our deepest inclinations.