Becky's Reviews > Freeing Destiny

Freeing Destiny by Faith  Andrews

9912059

bookshelves: 2016, books-i-liked, first-reads

There are those books that you can read and put down all at the same time. Go one with your life and come back and pick up where you left off. Then there are the books that you can't put down. You read while the water is boiling while you make dinner and when you are at a stop light. I would put Freeing Destiny in that later category. I had never read a Faith Andrews book before, and I can say this will not be my last. I did not realize until I was halfway through the book that it was part of a series, but it can be read as a standalone very easily.

I think that Stella and Jack may be in the top 10 of my favorite characters. Stella has not had a bad life per say, she had to deal with her dads death, but she took it in stride and became a better person for it. She is in her last year of college and is moving to start a fashion line with her twin sister. At the wedding of her mom to her younger man husband (Cougar!!) she meets Jack, who is the best friend of her new stepfather. To say that it was lust at first site is pretty accurate.

Now you know that there has to be the catalyst in the story, and that would be Jack's evil sister Aubrey. This is the part where I wondered if there was another book as I was a little confused, but the book is pretty good at describing what happened in the other book. It seems that Aubrey has it out for Stella and her twin and pretty much blames them for all of the bad in her life. Aubrey is written brilliantly and you know that you are going to love to hate her and list her as one of those characters that you can't miss.

"Stop fighting it, Stella. There are certain things in life that happen for a reason. You and I are going to happen - no matter what the fucking purpose or result entails."

Jack and Stella have their ups and downs and that is what you want in a good story. It makes you think that even if you have your life mapped up, you never know when life is going to throw you that curve ball and make you wonder if what you thought you wanted is actually what you really want in the end.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Freeing Destiny.

Started Reading