Kathy's Reviews > Dead by Midnight

Dead by Midnight by Carolyn G. Hart

Mar 31, 2011

Read from March 31 to April 02, 2011

It is so wonderful to be able to escape to Broward's Rock and the Death on Demand bookstore with Annie and Max and their assortment of friends from famous authors to police detectives to restaurant owners on a new adventure. Dead by Midnight is the twenty-first Death on Demand mystery and it is a wonderful addition to the series.

As always the writing is so smooth and enjoyable to read. The plot is full of twists and turns and the identity of the murderer was a surprise to me as always in this series. I've loved this entire series beginning from Max and Annie's courtship to their established marriage. And it is wonderful that their marriage is solid and full of love. They are a great partnership, always very supportive of one another. I really enjoy the Death on Demand bookstore setting and I love that Ms. Hart is always dropping mystery writers names as I have found many a new author this way. And the first murder victim is a new employee of Annie's this time out.

The setting of Broward's Rock which is off the South Carolina coast is a wonderful setting. We have another "new" old island family as the central characters in this mystery. The Jamison family is full of victims and suspects. And the bookstore employee murderee had been an employee of the Jamison's law firm until recently. Annie knows her new employee had no reason to commit suicide and quickly determines it was murder and sets out to solve the case. Another murder victim quickly follows. Everyone looks like a suspect at some point and it takes Annie and Max's detective work to prove who the murderer is. Great story!

Highly recommend this wonderful new addition to the Death on Demand series by Carolyn Hart. It was just released this week so be sure to get your copy soon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead by Midnight.