Chrissie's Reviews > The End of the Affair

The End of the Affair by Graham Greene

Mar 31, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: fiction, relationships, audible, classics, love, 2015-read, religion

I am terribly disappointed by the end. The first half was intriguing and piqued my interest. The last half went further and further downhill.

Religion IS an important theme to the author and of this book. Love relationships too.

I will definitely try more by the author because I enjoy the writing, but I must honestly state that my original concern with reading a book by Graham Greene has been confirmed.

I just cannot say more without giving spoilers. (view spoiler)

Colin Firth gives a superb narration of the audiobook.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The End of the Affair.

March 31, 2011 – Shelved
May 22, 2015 – Shelved as: 2015-read
May 24, 2015 – Started Reading
May 26, 2015 – Shelved as: religion
May 26, 2015 – Finished Reading

Amber i thought the narrator was awesome in this.

Chrissie Colin Firth is FANTASTIC. I agree for sure. Have you see how I have been adding more books by Greene! I quite simply like the writing.

Amber I saw that you added all of those books and how you were reading The End of the Affair. I liked that book, but haven't made the attempt to read others of his yet. But you have got me thinking about looking into his other books now.

message 4: by Chrissie (last edited May 25, 2015 10:42PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chrissie Now I finally understand what is really going on. I don't know yet how I will rate it, but I do know I will be testing other books by the author.

Amber well, i will be curious about your "tests".

Chrissie Amber, do you think ALL of his books have a similar message? Now I am scared to try more.

message 7: by Travelin (new)

Travelin His amazing, religion-free story about a young boy and his butler even became a movie. I had your worries about the religious angle, but had been planning to find "The Comedians", which is said to be his best.

message 8: by Chrissie (last edited May 26, 2015 10:18AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Chrissie The Comedians is not available to me. :0( Travels With My Aunt is perhaps what I will try instead.

message 9: by Greg (new)

Greg Hope you like that one better Chrissie! :)

Chrissie Greg, i will try it soon. That proves I DO like his writing.