Shannon Stacey's Reviews > Welcome to Temptation

Welcome to Temptation by Jennifer Crusie

2201673

bookshelves: audiobook, contemporary, read-in-2011

In the past, I'd tried to read this book at least four or five times, but I never got far before I'd put it down and not pick it back up. A perennial DNF. But every time somebody asked for romance recommendations, WTT would top the list, especially if the person was asking for books to recommend to somebody new to the genre.

I don't expect to love every book everybody else seems to, just like I've loved books others haven't. But so many people I know personally and who share similar reading tastes loved it, so I gave it another shot.

This time, I listened to the audiobook. I rarely listen to books, but I find I enjoy them more (or I'm more tolerant) if they're keeping me company while I clean. And I did enjoy it more. I don't think the narrator was so good as to "make" the story for me, as with Maybe This Time, but she helped the characters pop a little and kept my interest up long enough for the story to grab me.

And grab me, it did. Right around the alarm clock scene. And if you've read it, you know the scene I'm talking about. *g* To be honest, I think it was my admiration of the author's craft more so than the goings-on that got my attention, but once I was hooked, the story never let me go.

I definitely get the WTT love now, and I've got Faking It loaded up on my reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Welcome to Temptation.

March 30, 2011 – Started Reading
March 30, 2011 – Shelved
March 30, 2011 – Shelved as: audiobook
March 30, 2011 – Shelved as: contemporary
Finished Reading
April 23, 2011 – Shelved as: read-in-2011

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

Jackie One of my all time favorites!

Shannon Stacey I hate to admit it, but I tried to read WTT 4 or 5 times and couldn't get into it. But because everybody loves it, I decided to try it on audio.

Got to the alarm clock scene and was hooked!

Once I'm done with the audio, I might try reading it again.

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish Mayfield I often have the same problem with Crusie's books. I generally just have to set them aside until I'm in the right frame of mind, then they're spectacular.

Shannon Stacey Her earlier categories are my absolute favorites, but her newer ones require the right mood. I think it took me several tries for Bet Me, too.

Jackie I loved Bet Me too!!

Lyndsay I agree completely. It took me several false starts before I was able to get into this book. So glad I finished it. Agree with the narrator, she was only so-so. However, she was a million time better then some audiobook narrators out there