Richa Nidhi's Reviews > A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

bookshelves: own

This book is just engaging. Every character is unique. Be it Eddard Stark or the Jon his bastard. Robb Stark or fiery Arya stark. The Lannister family or The Khalesess. The walls or the kingdom. When i started reading this book, at first three or four pages, I felt like stop reading as I was so confused about what is happening there. Who are the dire wolf and what are the shadows. But the reviews of the book inspired me to read further and no doubt after getting into the sink, I was just drowned in the storyline. Wow, I loved the dialogue imp has said that every imp is a bastard of his son so wore it like a proud or when Jon is said by the maester that we all have to choose between the family and duty and it is our call to chose the pride or shame. I loved the way the khal and Khalesse character are portrayed. The moment when Khalesse gave fire to his husband's dead body and the eggs of dragons cracked, the fire rose to 30 feet. all the scenes feel like goosebumps on my skins.

I am so engrossed with the characters and the way George R.R, Martin has depicted the scene and scenery, especially on the wall. Now, reading the second part The Clash of Kings and I am sure the series is worth of time and money both.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Game of Thrones.

March 12, 2016 – Shelved