Dilek VT's Reviews > Beat

Beat by Vi Keeland

I loved the first book “Throb” in this series really really very much but this 2nd book is only half good as the first one.

Well, there is this love triangle here. Though I don’t like them much, I can accept love triangles if the one who needs to choose is wise and decent and not indecisive.

This is life. People change, feelings change. We can’t help it sometimes. Happily ever after is not always possible. That is why, if one of the people in a relationship is suddenly attracted by someone else and he/she falls for that person, I am not that surprised. Things like this happen. The problem is what you will do then.

Clearly, if you are attracted by someone else that much, this means your present relationship is not that good. This new attraction will help you understand that. If there is a new one who you want to be with, then it means it is high time you end the present one so you can move on to this new relationship. Stalling, not being able to decide what to do, sleeping with the two of them at the same time is like staying in the purgatory, which means you are in-between two things and cannot move. The worst decision ever is indecisiveness.

I like this saying:
“If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn’t have fallen in love with the second one”...

OK, all that said, let’s go back to the book. This could have been a nice romantic read for me if the heroine did not drag her feet for so long.

description
FLYNN

This is what happens:

The new guy (Flynn) falls for the girl (Lucky) without knowing she has a boyfriend (Dylan). After learning it, he doesn’t stop flirting or teasing but does not try to even kiss the girl. He just hopes she leaves him.

The girl falls for the new guy knowing she has a boyfriend who is in fact her teenage crush.

The already present boyfriend is not loyal to the girl. The new guy knows this but he doesn’t say it to the girl not to influence her decision. (I think the purpose of this detail is clear. It is for the readers not to hate the heroine for cheating – well, her boyfriend is also cheating!)

Whatever...

When our girl and the new guy cannot stay friends and give in to their feelings, they sleep together and after this first time, the girl asks:

“What are we going to do?”
And the guy says:
It is not a matter of “What are WE going to do” , it is a matter of “What are YOU going to do dear, because I am here waiting for you.”

Right? He is so right...
Now, what she needs to do is to end the other relationship and continue this one because she has already started it without finishing the other one.

But oh, no... She says she will try to figure things out and she cannot figure them out till the last few pages.

Come on, you have fallen in love with this guy now, and by sleeping with him you have cheated on your present boyfriend. But from now on, every time you go back and sleep with the other, you will be cheating on the new one. See? If you have started something new, stick with it. How hard is it? You are not married with 3 children for God’s sake! Isn’t it a shame on both guys now? Not cool, not cool at all... I was so annoyed with her. Her taking things slowly and her indecisiveness ruined the book for me.

(P.S. I loved Flynn in the first book and I still loved him in this book)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beat.

March 12, 2016 – Shelved
March 14, 2016 – Shelved as: romantic-hot
March 14, 2016 – Shelved as: sort-of-disappointment
March 14, 2016 – Shelved as: rockstars
March 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Oh boy, Dilek. I would not be a happy camper either!!! Not cool is right.

Dilek VT Diana wrote: "Oh boy, Dilek. I would not be a happy camper either!!! Not cool is right."

Yeah, right? Thanks Diana. I am glad I could express myself :)

Book I couldn't have explained it better myself. I was getting so aggravated about her "I need time" approach.

Dilek VT Santanna wrote: "I couldn't have explained it better myself. I was getting so aggravated about her "I need time" approach."

Oh thank you, thank you Santanna, she drove me crazy really. I felt so sorry for Flynn :( Poor dear guy!

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, lovely! ;)

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ I have to say I see a constant love triangle theme going on in Keeland 's books... Well at least in this series hehe. I only just started this book but I have finished Throb and the heroine there was hard for me to connect with... I guess kind of like for you in this book. I really don't see much difference between this love triangle and the one in throb other than the cheating part, I guess, which I haven't gotten to yet. But the heroine in throb kind of picked to be on the show instead of Cooper who was offering her love and money :S and creates a clusterfuck situation ... I don't know, I didn't get it but that's my personal opinion :p

Dilek VT Nancy wrote: "Terrific review, Dilek! :)"

Thanks a lot dear :)

Dilek VT Arianna wrote: "Terrific review, lovely! ;)"

Thanks a lot dear :)

Dilek VT ✤Maria✤ wrote: "I have to say I see a constant love triangle theme going on in Keeland 's books... Well at least in this series hehe. I only just started this book but I have finished Throb and the heroine there w..."

Yeah, now that in retrospect, I myself would have accepted his offer rather than continuing the show... Should I have given it 4 points for that? oh maybe, but I don't remember it that well. At that time, I loved it really very much no matter what...

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Dilek wrote: "✤Maria✤ wrote: "I have to say I see a constant love triangle theme going on in Keeland 's books... Well at least in this series hehe. I only just started this book but I have finished Throb and the..."
Hehe, yeah... I sometimes wonder why I have given 5 star ratings to some books :))))

Candace Great review, Dilek! :)