AJ LeBlanc's Reviews > Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

Mar 30, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: audio-version, cbr-iii, non-fiction

I grabbed the audio book for this one, which I like to do for memoir and biographies, especially when the author is reading his/her own book. This is a particularly good audio book choice because each of the eleven people read their own chapter. Twelve if you count her dog.

Chelsea doesn’t read her own book. Sarah Colonna continues her duties as Chelsea Light and reads Chelsea’s parts.

I was a bit disappointed in this. Chelsea picked a handful of friends and family members to write about their experiences with her and her practical jokes. Some of the sections were really funny and I though captured who she is. I am assuming she’s pretty much the same off camera as she is on, and the book backs this up. In other chapters though, she just comes off as wicked mean. Maybe if someone else told their version of what happened it would be funny, but a few times I thought that she was really a horrible person. It’s the fault of the writer though, since all of them talk about how much they love her.

The writers that I’m familiar with on the show come across exactly as I would suspect. Again, I bet they’re all the same on and off camera. The downside to this is that the ones who I don’t think are funny on the show aren’t funny in the book either.

Overall though, it’s fun. Chelsea lies about everything, and I love to get people to believe the stupidest things, so I liked it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me.

Samantha So the quote above reminds me of the time you once told me "never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

message 2: by AJ (new) - rated it 2 stars

AJ LeBlanc If I get a gravestone, that's what I want on it.

Samantha If I ever get rich, when you die I'll buy the naming rights for the fiction section of Fordham's library (hey, its the closest thing to an college we have now). Right when you get on the floor, that'll be the quote. Hopefully with a picture of you as a crazy old lady.

Yep, I dream big.