Cindy's Reviews > A Need So Beautiful

A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young

Mar 30, 2011

bookshelves: 100-books-in-2011, arcs, blog-tours, favorites
Read in April, 2011

Charlotte has Needs. Not the kind of needs you normally think of when talking about a teenage girl with a hot boyfriend. I mean, Charlotte has Needs that will one day render her Forgotten. If you think you've had your fill of angel books, you couldn't be more wrong when it comes to A Need So Beautiful.

Charlotte is a likable, real heroine who is struggling with something that she can't tell anyone about. If she did, she'd likely lose them all, including her best and only friend Sarah and her too smoldering for words boyfriend Harlin. She's been suffering from Needs since she was a child but recently they are coming more often. When she's hit with a Need she has no choice but to follow it and help the person she's led to. As if that wasn't weird enough, Charlotte then realizes something is happening to her skin. She feels like she's falling apart not only on the inside but now the outside too.

With the help of her longtime family friend, Monroe, Charlotte learns exactly what her Needs mean. She's meant to be Forgotten by everyone around her. All the people she's been protecting from her secret will one day no longer remember her at all. It's hard to believe that Sarah, Harlin or her foster mother, Mercy, could ever forget her but it's not long before we learn that they can and do. It's heartbreaking to watch Charlotte struggle with losing the love of those around her, when she's so consumed with giving love and hope to others.

When Charlotte is approached by someone who used to be like her, but is not a Forgotten, she suddenly has hope that she can stay too. Unfortunately, choosing to stay has dark consequences, ones Charlotte isn't sure she can accept. The urge to stay and be with Harlin is so strong that Charlotte isn't sure what she should do, even at the last minute.

A Need So Beautiful is magnificent, incredible, wonderful, enticing, sexy, romantic--perfect! I could not get enough of this book. I fell hard for Charlotte and Harlin's love story and stayed up well into the night to savor every last word. I cried more than once reading this emotional and inspiring tale and am on pins and needles for more. There aren't enough lovey dovey adjectives that I could use to describe this book. It's amazing beyond any of my expectations. A Need So Beautiful is stunning and exquisite through and through.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Need So Beautiful.