Vicki's Reviews > Jessica Lost Her Wobble

Jessica Lost Her Wobble by J. Schlenker

bookshelves: ebook, favorites, fiction

This book, Jessica Lost Her Wobble is one of those books that you just want to know more and more about the main character. The book doesn't disappoint. A full life of memories, regrets, pains and love all wrapped up into one amazing book.

Jessica is middle aged when she moves to the island. The island where she had spent many times with her children. Her husband had not been there for her so it is a place where she can remember the times with her children while they were small.

She has seen a lot in her life and she has survived with a subtle sense of humor that makes me smile. She is not sure others get her humor, and when they do she loves it.

When she moves to the island to live a life of solitude and quiet, she surprises herself by making friends with a young woman named Amy that also lives on the island year round. She has made efforts fit in as a local, but so far that hasn't quite happened. She is not sure what she needs to do about that.

It is an unexpected friendship but what it brings to Jessica is a non-judgmental person that listens well and is interested in hearing her story. Meeting and becoming friends with Amy allows Jessica to address her life face to face. Something she has attempted to avoid in the past.

There are so many depths to this book. I can't say enough about its ability to draw the reader in and make them feel as if it is just as important that we hear this story as it is for Jessica to finally tell it.
I can't even talk about the twists and turns that make this book so incredible. There is so much in this book to love. I am so thankful to J. for allowing me to read it. I totally got lost in the island life and Jessica's life. It is beautifully written. Exceptional book. I would give it 10 stars if they were available.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jessica Lost Her Wobble.

March 11, 2016 – Shelved
March 11, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
April 25, 2016 – Started Reading
April 28, 2016 –
page 55
21.83% "Jessica is a very interesting woman. I like her very unique sense of humor."
April 29, 2016 –
69.0% "A life of pain suffering and hopefulness this is so good!"
April 29, 2016 – Shelved as: ebook
April 29, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
April 29, 2016 – Shelved as: fiction
April 29, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Petra (new) - added it

Petra Looks really interesting

Vicki I am enjoying it. Jessica is a very interesting woman. Her story is unfolding and there is a lot to her. Petra wrote: "Looks really interesting"

Elyse (retired from reviewing/semi hiatus) Walters Oh My God.. where do you find these wonderful books? lol
I adore the TITLE! makes me smile !

Vicki I am very fortunate to have been talking with the author. She was the one that encouraged me to participate in NaNoWriMo this month. She is writing a series of short stories right now. If this is an example of what she can write, they are going to be delicious! You must follow her! I too just love the title!