Miyong's Reviews > Artemis Fowl

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

5198425
It's somehow surprising how easily I loved this book/series. It rarely happened; I was usually critical about reading books.

Colfer's narration is great, and makes you want to keep on reading. To think I finished the first book--which is usually more on the boring side, though not this one--in two days' time! Not to mention the first day there was a black-out in our area. No wonder I had a headache. :))

The characters are well-developed too. Artemis Fowl is, to describe him simply, an evil genius. He's so brilliant, it amuses me. Arrogant he may be, I still liked him. And since he's such a kid, all the more to find him...adorable, in a different way. And the others, depending on which side they stood, can be very likeable or annoying. Haha.

There is one thing, though. Sometimes, I don't know if the narration's in third-person POV, or if it's in a general POV. (Sounds confusing, yeah, I know.) Of course, it doesn't affect in any way how the story goes, or my rating for it, but it does bother me from time to time. But it's really a small matter so it shouldn't be reason not to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Artemis Fowl.

Quotes Miyong Liked

Eoin Colfer
“If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written.”
Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

Eoin Colfer
“Let us proceed under the assumption that the fairy folk do exist, and that I am not a gibbering moron.”
Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl

coffclass Review! Review! Review!

Miryeo WOOOW!!!

Miryeo It's somehow surprising how easily I loved this book/series.
So touching I wanna cry! D: