Anissa's Reviews > The Skeleton Garden

The Skeleton Garden by Marty Wingate

bookshelves: 2016, north-americans-abroad, series, cozy-mystery
Recommended for: fans of the series & cozy mysteries

Another good installment to the series (I've read all of these so far). It was nice to visit again with Pru and Christopher and follow their newlywed life in pastoral Hampshire. Pru and brother, Simon are now working together on the garden of the Wilsons's home as they are away on an archaeological dig. For those who've read all the previous books there's quite a lot of information from those that are related here from chapters 1-10. I'm not going to call that a flaw because it's characteristic of cozy mysteries and helps those who read these things out of sequence. It's all to the good to letting the reader know what's come before, character relationships & hints about past mysteries. So while it felt tedious a retread and I just wanted to get on to the bit in this book that involves the actual plane & body touted in the summary (takes place in chapter 10), I completely understood the why.

As to the past murder mystery and the current one, those were teased out well and I enjoyed following them. No spoilers but I can say that this one was more a conundrum for me and made for a satisfying solution in the end. I will happily look forward to the next book in the series as I am still enjoying Pru, Christopher and any circumstances that arise around them. Reader, pick it up for a quick, weekend read.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Skeleton Garden.

March 11, 2016 – Started Reading