ambsreads's Reviews > Lord of Shadows

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

bookshelves: young-adult, urban-fantasy, fantasy, best-covers, romance, paranormal, books-i-own, buddy-read

BUDDY READING with my Julian aka Caitlin

I want to die. Everything hurts. I can't breathe. The world is over and I have to wait two years. My soul burns. I honestly didn't expect this. This book is a blessing and my hell. Someone save me.

Cassandra Clare is my queen and has quite literally ripped my heart out of my body and stomped all over it.

My lactose intolerance doesn't agree with this book either; I ate two blocks of chocolate stressing out and now I'm banning myself from buying chocolate because boy do I want to cry some more.

It's been like nine hours and I'm still crying. H E L P. This was truly better than Lady Midnight and I never thought I'd say that. Now someone hold me for the next two years.

UPDATE 14/05/17: PEOPLE ARE GETTING ARCS AND IM LAYING ON MY BATHROOM FLOOR CRYING BECAUSE LIFE ISNT FAIR AND I NEED THIS BOOK MORE THAN I NEED A BURRITO (aka very badly)

EDIT: so many people are salty about this cover but guys anything trumps the original TMI covers - especially the first where it's just a chest. So, we've come a long way.

THE COVER HAS BEEN RELEASED. I AM SHOOK. I CAN'T. I LOVE IT.

description

However, one question:

Why is the London bridge in it?!

DOES THIS SIGNIFY MORE JEM AND TESSA?! OMG. MAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH.

description

I am literal trash for the Shadowhunter series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of Shadows.

March 10, 2016 – Shelved
MARCH FORTH LAST YEAR
I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE IT
IM BREAKING DOWN"
May 22, 2017 –
9.0% "if you think i've stopped screaming since i started this you're so wrong"
17.0% "MAKE IT STOP
IT HURTS"
22.0% "ok two quick things
1. i love the autistic rep, the personality shown is almost exactly like my cousin who is on the spectrum and it warms my heart
2. i love kit"
May 22, 2017 –
30.0% "don't be caitlin's friend; she'll read your most anticipated releases first and message you reactions which leave you not as excited for events"
40.0% "f u c k"
May 22, 2017 –
42.0% "“though there were valuable first editions of books in the enormous library, most of them had been scribbled in by some idiot named Will H.”"
May 23, 2017 – Started Reading
54.0% "i've eaten a block of chocolate and a half in stress

i'm lactose intolerant

someone help me this book is the embodiment of stress for me"
63.0% "i have to sleep and i hate everyone

but

julian blackthorn is straight up the love of my life. like jem, will, and jace are all great bUT JULIAN BLACKTHORN IS THE SWEETEST HUMAN AND I JUST WANNA SMOOCH HIM"
page 565
78.47% "S C R E A M I N G"
page 665
92.36% "i can't breathe help"
May 25, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Caitlin FUCK ME THAT COVER THOUGH

ambsreads Caitlin wrote: "FUCK ME THAT COVER THOUGH"

I FUCKING NEEDED THIS BOOK WHEN I FINISHED LADY MIDNIGHT MAN IM SO EXCITED

Jennifer I find the cover ugly...but I can't wait to read this :p

message 4: by Andrea (last edited Nov 19, 2016 07:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea L. I agree that these new covers are much better than the original Mortal Instrument covers.

message 5: by Christopher (new) - added it

Christopher Gould Cassandra Clare has already said Emma and Julian and the rest are going to visit the London institute and that it has significance in the story, THAT'S why London Bridge is on the cover.

ambsreads I know that, however, I posted this when the cover first came out and nothing about the book had been released.

message 7: by A I S H A (new)

A I S H A I am dying for this book! I need it!

message 8: by Kadi (new) - added it

Kadi P Whaaaat is that cover? Should I get back into this new series??

Caitlin YOUR JULIAN AHAHAHAHAAH I THOUGHT I WAS EMMA BUT I GUESS JULIAN MAKES SENSE TOO IM SO EXCITED FOR THIS AND YOUR STUPID PIN

ambsreads I DONT CARE YOURE JULIAN NOW OKAY I CAN MAKE YOU EMMA IF YOU WANT BUT THANK YOU FOR MY PIN I LOVE YOU

Caitlin WELL YOU LOVE JULIAN SO I HAVE TO BE JULIAN YOU CANT BE JULIAN BUT I ALSO LOOK LIKE EMMA SO I AM BOTH I LOVE YOU TOO BYE

Ayesha (The Fifth Marauder) I need this omg