Warda's Reviews > The Truth about Forever

The Truth about Forever by Sarah Dessen

This book was so beautiful and heartfelt and beautiful and I can't even handle it!!

It's a quiet, deep, tender and warm story about the main character dealing with grief, how that affected her life and how she's trying to hold it together for her family. It's about her self discovery and first love.

I love how Sarah Dessen was able to showcase different ways of people dealing with grief and what their choices were. How important it is to have people in our lives who can bring something more out of us. The family dynamic was messy and painful, but believable. The writing style, smooth and effortless. It slowly seeps you in, hooks you until the last page. I wish the ending would've been slightly more cohesive, but this book made me FEEL!

Now, all I want to do is read more Sarah Dessen books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Truth about Forever.

March 9, 2016 – Started Reading
March 9, 2016 – Shelved
March 12, 2016 –
page 120
30.69% "Slowly making my way out of this slump. Really enjoying this book!"
March 14, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Sahina Bibi This and Along For The Ride, have to be my two favorites by Dessen <3

Warda Sahina wrote: "This and Along For The Ride, have to be my two favorites by Dessen <3"

I have Along for the Ride on my shelf! I just want to read all of her books right now. It was so good!!

message 3: by Hayat (new) - added it

Hayat Great review, Warda! I'm adding it to my tbr list thanks to you. :)

Warda Aw yay! Glad to hear that. Hope you enjoy it once you get to it. :)

message 5: by Hayat (new) - added it

Hayat Warda wrote: "Aw yay! Glad to hear that. Hope you enjoy it once you get to it. :)"

I hope so too. ;)