Deb 's Reviews > The Last Anniversary

The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty

Mar 09, 2016

liked it
bookshelves: 2016-books-read

I have enjoyed Liane Moriarity's books, and while I did like this one, I like others better. In 1932 a young couple, Alice and Jack Munro, living on a Scribble Gum Island, mysteriously vanish, leaving behind an infant. Sisters Connie and Rose Doughty find the infant, name her Enigma, and raise her. Along the way, they build a family business based on the great unsolved mystery of the Munro disappearance. Seventy years later, Sophie Honeywell, ex-fiancee of Connie's nephew, inherits Connie's house, and goes to live on the tiny island. As other members of Connie's rather eccentric family get involved in Sophie's life, a long-held family secret is eventually revealed.

I liked the premise of the book, but Sophie was a rather annoying character. She's almost 40 but had the reactions/mindset of a fairly immature woman. I also figured out the long-held secret fairly easily. However, it was an easy read, and it filled the bill at the moment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Anniversary.

March 9, 2016 – Started Reading