Emily Selleck's Reviews > Eleanor & Park

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell

bookshelves: digital, modern

I can't even

So good, so beautiful, so sad, so happy. Ugh. I can't even. I don't even have the words. Worth every bit of five stars :)

ETA: Okay, I think I have a few words now. The most beautiful part of this book was how incredibly real it felt, while at the same time feeling like one of those great myths that are told through the generations. It was romantic and funny and painful, all at the same time, and it felt like something that could happen to anyone. I was terribly afraid that it was going to turn Romeo and Juliet on me, but it didn't. It never got stupid, despite the high school protagonists, it felt young and fresh and immediate, without feeling shallow or unimportant (whether it lasted or it didn't). It was a beautifully written book, a very immersive experience, Ms. Rowell wins again :)

Highly recommend for everyone, especially children of the eighties and nineties for the references (which were super fun to catch, like Easter eggs in book form!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eleanor & Park.

March 8, 2016 – Shelved
March 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
May 17, 2016 – Shelved as: digital
May 17, 2016 – Shelved as: modern
March 7, 2017 – Started Reading
April 2, 2017 –
51.0% "This is adorable and sad and wonderful and terrible."
April 3, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat Have you read Fangirl? If not, you NEED to and I will happily lend you my copy.