Jessica's Reviews > Elizabeth

Elizabeth by Willo Davis Roberts

Mar 28, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: historical-fic, own, disappointing, sunfire
Read on April 03, 2011 — I own a copy

I liked it, but there are a lot of things I would change if I could. I can't help but think it might have been a lot more exciting if it were actually set in Salem, and not a neighboring town. Like, we could have felt that raw fear of more people accused, rather than here about it second-hand from some minor/major characters.

Lacking that, it would have been better if Elizabeth was accused and not her friend. Sure the bit about her choosing whether to obey her family and boyfriend between following her heart and saying something was exciting, but that all didn't happen till about 70 or so pages left of the book.

Anyway, it was a good book. It just had so much potential. I mean, going into it, you think "A Sunfire about the Salem Witch trials! That must be one of the best Sunfire's around!" Then, you pay $10+ for it on Amazon just to get a so called "Good" copy, and it comes it the mail and it's really "Acceptable" and your like 'oh well'. Then you read it and suddenly your wishing it was one of the shorter Sunfires so the action will happen faster.

Anyway, if you can get a good deal on it, go ahead and get it, but save it as one of the later-longer Sunfires you get if your trying to get a collection together.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elizabeth.

07/08/2016 marked as: read