Justin's Reviews > Answering Jihad: A Better Way Forward

Answering Jihad by Nabeel Qureshi

U 50x66

Proverbs 4:7 tells us; "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. "

For such a crucial topic as this, Dr. Qureshi achieves both of these.

As I read through these pages I was challenged and confronted in my personal thoughts towards Islam. Some thoughts remained the same while others have changed. Dr. Qureshi does a wonderful job of using the historical fundamental nature of Islam and jihad, bringing it to the forefront for the novice to grasp. He adds his own personal experience as a Muslim that gives you an inside look into Islamic jihad. This provides the reader with an understanding of why radical Islam is the way it is and how it got to this point.

This book does not encourage passivity. It does not play on societal fears or anger. It does not make the reader more suspicious of Muslims. It does not encourage the reader to react with violence. It allows us to be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

It promotes understanding and compassion. Knowing the nature and culture of what jihad is will help us as believers to shine the glorious light of the gospel of Christ with those who follow Islam. It also promotes the wisdom of knowing that regardless of what Muslims believe, the Most High has made them in His image and likeness just as He has done with us who do believe. Dr. Qureshi beautifully reminds us that as we claim the cross of Christ; we share in the display of love that was given. We also share in His resurrection and ability to walk in faith into all parts and cultures of the world. The cross and the resurrection story is not to be withheld, even from those claiming jihad.

Believers tend to live in fear which cripples the great commission concerning muslims (2 Tim. 1:7). A fear that is unwarranted and one that hinders the Truth of Christ to pierce through darkness. This book on answering jihad confronts that fear and allows the conversation to begin so that Truth can shine bright even in the face of the honest truths that are in the foundation of Islam.

Jihad is something that we must answer with a Christ frame of mind. Whether it be in our churches, our social circles, or in sharing the gospel. Dr. Qureshi leads us in a better way forward with Answering Jihad.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Answering Jihad.

February 27, 2016 – Started Reading
February 29, 2016 – Finished Reading
March 8, 2016 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Todd Coburn Well said. I especially like your foundational start!