J.K. Turner's Reviews > Do More Better: A Practical Guide to Productivity

Do More Better by Tim Challies

U 50x66

bookshelves: 2016-challenge

It is really difficult to write a summary that doesn't just rip off the table of contents. Basically, he explains the system that works for him. This includes a mission statement (he calls this a productivity catechism), then finding things that get in the way of your productivity and finally the tools to tackle the problems.

I want to focus on the tools here, because in the month or so that I've read this book, I've tried to adopt them all. The first tool is a basic task manager. He recommends Todoist, and I've jumped on the bandwagon. It's very intuitive and I use it multiple times a day. The price of the book may be worth this chapter alone. Second tool is a calendar; he recommends Google, it's nice enough. I use a calendar for everything at work, but never tried to apply that idea elsewhere. It's been most helpful in keeping me aware of when I have time to do things and when I don't; which, in turn, helps my task management.

The final tool, I still haven't gotten a hold on. He calls it something to gather your information and recommends Evernote. I really like the web clipper extension, but haven't found much else that is helpful, yet.

He wraps it up by reminding us that for the system to work, you must live on the system and you must maintain it consistently.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Do More Better.

Started Reading