Celestia's Reviews > The Student Whisperer: Inspiring Genius

The Student Whisperer by Oliver DeMille

I enjoyed this book. It's very inspiring. I had a hard time when I finished Tiffany Earl's section and moved on to Oliver's. Tiffany's style is a narrative and it's very interesting as she tells her story of growing, starting in scholar phase and pursuing depth in her college studies and then discovering her mission in life. So when I started reading Oliver's part it was harder because he doesn't tell many stories (only two that I could count, and they were very brief). He goes into the "how" of being a great mentor. Going from the first part of the book, Tiffany's story, to the second part, Oliver's section, is like changing from walking along a nice shady lane in a park with trees and flowers to having to run on sand barefooted. I had to slow my pace down to absorb his ideas. It wasn't fun to read his section like it was Tiffany's, but still good and worthwhile.

I wish he had applied his own advice that he gave to Tiffany and told the readers the why of why he does what he does. I also wish he had told his story as Tiffany did of his path from scholar phase to depth to mission. He has such a huge following, that his telling of his story would have be greatly appreciated. A lot more stories within his life story would have helped to make his points more digestible and memorable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Student Whisperer.

March 28, 2011 – Started Reading