Nicola Hughes's Reviews > Bloq

Bloq by Alan      Jones

U 50x66

My actual rating is 4.5
This book started out very interestingly which is what I like, the first page has got to grip me and it just seemed to get better and better. I found myself immediately liking Bill and he reminded very much of my own father in parts!
There was just enough sex, violence and drugs to make the story realistic and work well without it being overdone or becoming predictable.
In truth I couldn't put this story down and I was up at 6am today reading as I was desperate to find out the ending. I did find it got a bit complicated towards the last few chapters but that could have just been the early hour! I didn't quite, but *almost* shed a little tear right at the end and it takes a lot for a book to be able to make me do that!
Overall I found this book immensely enjoyable, the writing style flowed nicely and it was fast paced enough that it kept me page turning (or tapping as I read on the kindle) right to the very end. I think I would like to read more from Alan Jones.
Thank you to Crime Book Group and to the author for the advanced copy in return for an honest review. I'm so glad I requested to take part.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloq.

March 6, 2016 – Shelved