Melanie's Reviews > Seas

Seas by Colleen Oakes

bookshelves: favorites, books-i-own

Thank you to SparkPress for the advance copy via Netgalley. The review that follows is my own opinion.

Colleen Oakes is a masterful storyteller. I loved the first book in the Wendy Darling series and I was not disappointed with the second! Oakes paints a lush portrait of a wondrous and dark Neverland where our heroine, Wendy, is caught between a vicious boy who is obsessed with her and a crew of violent pirates. Wendy is a fabulous character - despite her fear she's braving an impossible situation, she is caring, and she is intelligent and strong. The new characters we are introduced to in this book are just as well developed as those from the first. Who knew pirates and wenches could be so multifaceted? In addition to the vivid world building and deep characterization, there is plenty of action to keep readers on the edge of their seats. My one disappointment is that the book ends with a major cliffhanger and surprising plot twist I did not anticipate. I can only hope book three does not take too long to release!

For the full review click HERE
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seas.

March 6, 2016 – Shelved