Kim Bishop's Reviews > Midnight Marked

Midnight Marked by Chloe Neill

20835511

Midnight Marked, Book 12 of the Chicagoland Vampire Series, has begun bringing us one step closer to Ethan and Merit's prophecy told by pack leader Gabriel. Although this latest installment of the series, brings us to a full out war with an oldie but goodie of a villain, the story comes full circle right back to Merit's beginning. Holy cracker, who would have thought! Strap on your katana's and pack a battle snack cause your gunna need it!

Cadogan House is in the spotlight once again, and not in a good way. Their latest nemesis Adrian Reed stirs up some s**t soup, and is forcing Ethan and Merit to eat it. With the murder of a shifter, Gabriel and his pack are on a hair pin trigger for war. While Ethan and Merit try to uncover the true murderer, some of Gabriel's pack members go rogue, and bring a nasty fight to Cadogan's front door! Meanwhile, the Red Guard has been aloof with Merit lately, and she finally meets with them and voices her concerns and opinions on what has been going on with them in regards to not helping vampires, like their oath decrees. This outburst with the Red Guard forces Jonah, Merit's RG partner to have a heart to heart with her.

This book was incredible! I mean, I was all over the place with emotions. Conflict, unrequited love, loss, longing, betrayal, but above all else loyalty. Finally the other houses show some f*****g back bone and stand to fight along side Cadogan House! I was so proud of Morgan, and happy that he wasn't the butt of their jokes in this book. Catcher showed some wicked moves, and Mallory kinda got on my nerves a bit when she confronted Merit about Gabriel's prophecy. The plot twist was pretty impressive with the way it tied things together that goes all the way back to book 1, my word! Midnight Marked delivered an excellent mix of excitement, action, and drama that kept me glued to my seat!

**Book provided by NetGalley for an honest review**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Marked.

March 6, 2016 – Started Reading