Matthew Ciarvella's Reviews > Tomb Raider Volume 2: Secrets and Lies

Tomb Raider Volume 2 by Rhianna Pratchett

bookshelves: 2016

This book makes me glad that I stuck with the Tomb Raider comic series. After a rocky start in the first volume, things are looking up with a story that does an excellent job of setting the scene for "Rise of the Tomb Raider." It's nice to get away from Yamatai and all the plot tangles that storyline created (even if Yamatai was an excellent plot for the first game). The characterization of Lara here is top notch and the sub-plot with Lara acting in a play at Jonah's request nicely shows how she's falling out of sync with "normal life."

My only major quibble was the Trinity operative who was sent to kill Lara, but sort of falls for her instead? To take as an apprentice? It's somewhat odd, even though I know it fits into the larger storyline that at least a few members of Trinity want to recruit her, considering how effective she is.

Otherwise, this is a great, enjoyable book. I'm glad that the series found its footing and I'm looking forward to the next volume.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tomb Raider Volume 2.

March 5, 2016 – Started Reading