Mandy's Reviews > The Reluctant Vampire

The Reluctant Vampire by Lynsay Sands

Mar 26, 2011

This one was more like 3.5 stars for me. I liked the characters, though it was the group that I don't know as well as the others. Mirabeau, Tiny,Alessandro, Leonora, Edward, and Dawn... these are all people I hadn't seen in a long time, so it took me awhile to remember their stories.
Harper and Drina were likable - both funny. Stephanie was an enjoyable character, as well. I look forward to seeing more from her and how she's doing in future books.

My issue with this series is now the lifemate thing seems to be coming too easily. So, Marguerite can now pick your lifemate. I liked it better when it seemed to happen more by chance. Also, I like when they resist it - and don't fall into bed immediately after discovering they are lifemates. I don't know, I guess I like a little struggle and heartache in my romance. It makes when they finally do come together that much more awesome. :)
I do always enjoy the Argeneaus, though and look forward to the next installment. I'm holding out for a book for Bricker, though. Can't wait for that one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reluctant Vampire.