Brianna's Reviews > One Person/Multiple Careers: A New Model for Work/Life Success

One Person/Multiple Careers by Marci Alboher

it was ok

While the idea of being a "slash" or someone who has multiple careers and hobbies they pursue is great, I found this book to be little more than a collection of way too many anecdotes that were far too similar. I lasted to page 61 before it just got too repetitive with way too little value. The format is basically story after story of so-and-so (mostly friends or contacts of the author?) and their journey from one career to adding second and third careers. And while kind of interesting, it didn't offer much more than a little "If they can do it, so can I!" encouragement. The author does take pieces of advice from each story and expand on them, but nothing was revolutionary. I think the idea of being a slash, or a "multipotentialite" as Emilie Wapnick called us during her TED talk (which I HIGHLY recommend watching!!) is revolutionary. But this book wasn't.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Person/Multiple Careers.

March 3, 2016 – Shelved