Z ~ The Diary of Book Enthusiasts's Reviews > Crown of Midnight

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

One-word review: Hell.

Crown of Midnight is the best book I have read this year (so far). Despite not liking Throne of Glass that much, I am happy that I gave this book a chance, because hell.

This book is so much better than its prequel. There is a noticeable change in the author's writing style and storytelling, which made this reader very happy. I loved how SJM balanced all the elements in her story. Crown of Midnight made me laugh, swoon, spitting mad, and pretty much just gasp at everything that happened. This book gave me all the feels.

I'm not giving this book an excellent rating because I still can't see Celaena as the assassin she's supposed to be. I mean, sure, she can be ruthless when she wants to be, she's badass and all but. . .I don't know, she's just not living up to her reputation. On a brighter note, though, the characters don't feel empty anymore, which made it easier to like and sympathize with them.

This book has the most enjoyable plot twists. Crown of Midnight is a long book, but not a page of it feels boring.

I don't know how to properly transcribe my feelings into words, but let me just say that this book is amazing (in the least).

~ Zee

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crown of Midnight.

March 3, 2016 – Started Reading
March 3, 2016 – Shelved
March 3, 2016 –
page 223
53.35% "*gasp*"
March 3, 2016 –
page 324
77.51% "So many cracks have webbed through my heart; so much heartbreak."
March 4, 2016 – Finished Reading